We are delighted that St Mellitus College has recently received a gold teaching excellence award – the highest rating in the national government Teaching Excellence Framework exercise and the first theological college in the country to receive such recognition. Institutions receive a gold award “for delivering consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students” and are recognised to be "of the highest quality found in the UK.
What is the TEF?
The TEF is a league table where universities, colleges and private providers are judged on the quality of the education they provide. The TEF is run by the Government and is therefore ‘official’, unlike other league tables.
The Government has introduced the TEF as a way of:
- Better informing students’ choices about what and where to study
- Raising esteem for teaching
- Recognising and rewarding excellent teaching
- Better meeting the needs of employers, business and industry
What does this mean for our Students?
If you study with us you, you can be confident that:
- Our teaching and outcomes for students are officially of the highest quality found in the UK
- We offer very high levels of support to our students
- You are studying in the best possible environment to kick start your Ministry