Full-time Church Based course fees are paid by the Central Fund for Ministerial Training at Ministry Division (CFMT).
Financial arrangements with regard to living allowances are as follows:
- Personal support in accordance with national guidelines:
- 50% personal allowance (from Ministry Division centrally - £1053 pa 2012/13). Single students also receive a maintenance fee of approximately £2188 from Ministry Division.
- 50% stipend including housing to be paid by the context
- Diocesan maintenance grant paid by the ordinands sending diocese to cover their living costs. This is usually done on an income/expenditure basis equivalent to full-time residential ordinands which brings students up to an agreed basic level of subsistence. Any money that the church pays the ordinand will be taken into account as income, as will the money received from Ministry Division. Expenditure includes a recommended expenditure figure set by Ministry Division, which is different for single and married students. Housing costs can be included in this – although there is a maximum limit set for single and married students in each case.
- National guidelines on the limits to expenses to be paid for travel apply. They are currently maximum £70 per week for travel and £105 per residential event (these travel costs are paid by Ministry Division centrally).
- As they are getting a half-time staff member, churches who have a Full-Time Church-Based ordinand should offer a salary equivalent to 50% of a basic stipend (£8000) and 50% of housing costs (national max housing cost 14K, so this is max 7K). So churches would need to find maximum £15K per year for a half-time ordinand. In practice this differs from case to case and should be agreed with the relevant diocese.