The Rt Revd Dr Graham Tomlin is President of St Mellitus College and Bishop of Kensington. He served a curacy in the diocese of Exeter, and among past roles he has served as Chaplain of Jesus College, Oxford and Vice Principal of Wycliffe Hall, Oxford, where he taught within the Theology Faculty of Oxford University on Historical Theology, specialising in the Reformation period. He was closely involved in the foundation, and was appointed the first Dean, of St Mellitus College, a position he held for the first eight years of the College’s life, before being made Bishop of Kensington in 2015. He has spoken and lectured across the world, and in 2016 was awarded the Silver Rose of St Nicholas, a global award recognising a significant contribution to theological education and learning. He was very involved in the response to the Grenfell Tower fire in 2017. He is married to Janet and has two married children and three grandchildren. He is a keen follower of various kinds of music and sport, suffering a lifelong addiction to Bristol City Football Club.
- Generous Orthodoxy Project – a project funded by the McDonald Agape Foundation to articulate the meaning of the phrase ‘Generous Orthodoxy’
- To view a selection of articles written by Bishop Graham visit his Academic page here.
- Bound to be Free: The Paradox of Freedom (London: Bloomsbury, 2017)
- Luther’s Gospel: Reimagining the World (London: T&T Clark, 2017)
- The Widening Circle: Priesthood as God’s way of Blessing the World (London: SPCK, 2014)
- Looking Through the Cross – Archbishop of Canterbury’s Lent Book 2014 (London: Bloomsbury, 2013) [Translated into German as Der Blick Durchs Kreuz (Münster: Aschendorff, 2017]
- The Reformation Commentary on Scripture Vol. XI: Philippians and Colossians (Edited volume - Grand Rapids: IVP, 2013) [also in Portuguese]
- The Prodigal Spirit: The Trinity, the Church and the Future of the World (London: Alpha Publications, 2011) [Translated into German as Der Geist der Fülle (Münster: Aschendorff, 2017]
- The Seven Deadly Sins and How to Overcome Them (Oxford: Lion Hudson, 2007) [also in Dutch, Portuguese, Czech, Chinese and Polish]
- Spiritual Fitness: Christian Character in a Consumer Culture (London: Continuum, 2006) [also in Dutch]
- The Responsive Church (With Nick Spencer - Leicester: IVP, 2006)
- Luther and His World (Oxford: Lion, 2002) [also in German, Spanish, Korean, Danish, Chinese, Hungarian, Norwegian and Swedish] 2nd edition 2012
- The Provocative Church (London: SPCK, 2002) [also in German, Dutch & Korean] 4th edition 2014
- Walking in His Steps: A Guide to Exploring the Land of the Bible (with Peter Walker – London: Harper Collins, 2001)
- The Power of the Cross: Theology and the Death of Christ in Paul, Luther and Pascal (Carlisle: Paternoster, 1999)