Welcome to Summon
The power behind the large search box on the library webpage is Summon, a search engine for research materials. Use Summon to discover:
- (e-)books and (e-)journals
- full-text articles
- theses and dissertations
- video and audio recordings
- maps, and more.
St. Mellitus currently offers access to a vast amount biblical and theological resources for your studies. Apart from our physical libraries we hold books and journals from OUP, CUP, Brill, Project Muse and ProQuest’s ebook central collection.
Summon is linked to all our resources and makes searching fast, easy, and also offers results from all over the web.
Search results can be quickly narrowed by using the facets: content type, library location, subject terms, publication date, language, and more.
Search results can be limited to scholarly or peer-reviewed sources and you can also perform Advance Searches when you know exactly what you’re looking for.
We regularly add our library catalog records to Summon, so you will find all our current digital and physical holdings every time you search.
- Instead of pasting a whole article citation into the search box, try doing an advanced search.
- You can also search for specific journals if you’re looking more generally for articles.
- You can use Summon on your mobile devices.
- You can add different filters to your results like publication date, author, etc. to narrow your search.
*(NB. Summon is a vast and powerful search engine that we have just set up with our servers and library system. Occasionally you may find broken links that do not work or may not be able to access certain resources. If you are having issues, please contact Jenny Weigel.