“We are looking forward to collaborating with St Mellitus College in developing a programme with a particular focus on the diverse contexts for training in the region, as well as embracing the opportunities to work with other TEIs close to the region as we seek the flourishing of ministry and mission within our dioceses and the wider East Midlands area.”
- Rt Revd Paul Williams, Bishop of Southwell and Nottingham and Rt Revd Martyn Snow, Bishop of Leicester
Launching in September 2019, St Mellitus College East Midlands is the newest teaching centre for the college. The centre will seek to support and resource the church in the region by making available ordination training and wider theological education opportunities which aim to enable ministry and mission within the diverse contexts in the East Midlands area to flourish. This provision is being undertaken in collaboration with the Dioceses of Leicester and Southwell & Nottingham and at the invitation of the Bishops.
Revd Dr David Emerton has been appointed as Director of St Mellitus College, East Midlands, taking up his post from March 2019. David is passionate about the unity between theology and the Church and the development of both lay and ordained people as disciples of Christ. David trained for ordination as part of the first cohort of students at St Mellitus College, subsequently going on to complete his Doctoral studies at Aberdeen University before moving to minister in the East Midlands region.
Tuesday daytimes (9.30am – 4.30pm)
- Full-time context-based ordination
- Full-time Certificate of Higher Education in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Full-time Diploma of Higher Education in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Full-time BA (Hons) in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Part-time Certificate of Higher Education in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Part-time Diploma of Higher Education in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Part-time BA (Hons) in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Part-time MA in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Non-Accredited (Audit first year of Theology, Ministry and Mission teaching)
0207 052 0570